Thursday, March 3, 2016

Logline and Intent

I currently have two potential ideas for this upcoming documentary; either examining the studio space and work ethic of an artist (specifically my aunt who designs jewelry) or portraying the intensity of being an aspiring musician (Miguel who plays trumpet). For the jewelry documentary I would capture the unique work hours an artist thrives in and the comfort that he/she finds within their cluttered studio. I would shoot very still shots of the most valuable supplies along with the environment in which she works, including the people, pets, electronics, etc. I would even expand the documentary out into where she sells her work and the clientele thats interested. I would mainly focus on the struggles most people don't acknowledge, like having your work being reproduced, consistently offering new ideas in a fast growing market, transportation, etc. For the musician documentary I would want to relate a majority of the shots to the movie "Whiplash," portraying the fast-paced nature of the world and the unforgiving nature of the teachers. I would focus more on the story Miguel would tell as opposed to simply monitoring the environment in which he works. I would also focus on the limitations high school students encounter and the unfair finical burdens most students experience. I would really want to convey to the audience how this industry is about being unique and being given opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment